Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What I feel like today


I'm not really upset or sad. Maybe this is what little babies feel like when they're not hungry and they're not tired and we just can't figure out what's wrong. It's more like a very concentrated feeling centered right in my chest of, I JUST DON'T WANT TO DO IT. And 'it' isn't anything particular either. I just don't want to do it, I don't want it to be cold, I don't want to be in charge of anyone, I don't want to pack children in and out of the car with cold rain trickling down my back, I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't WANNA! OR either listen to a nice two year old tantrum about a lack of lollipop for about 15 minutes on a drive home.
OK, just to mix it up a little, I'll tell you what I DO want... I want to just be suspended in this cozy cocoon with diffused warm light, all lined with the softest white fur, perfectly warm, perfectly quiet, just to rest and be quiet for about three days. Hmmm... sounds nice, eh? Maybe that will be my other business idea. Cocoon retreat for mamas, right after I start my OTHER business... a P. Terry's clone with an INDOOR PLAY STRUCTURE. Can you imagine? Perfecto.

3 comments:

Katy said...

I like it. I like both of them, in fact--sign me up!! Let's petition PTerry's right this very instant!!

Bernadette said...

Carrie wanted to start offering the service of "supported naps" for mamas. A couple days would work right?

Kami said...

Oh yeah, if I could wake up after two days and know that my kids had been with Carrie or somebody Carrie-trained so they were all in super good shape emotionally, gee, I'll happily pay a million or more!