Thursday, January 15, 2009

5 dangerous things you should let your children do

I was revisiting this amazing site tonight to re-watch Gever Tulley's talk on 5 dangerous things you should let your children do... he's the founder of the Tinkering School that has been such a big inspiration to me...
TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design and is an annual conference which brings together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes). This site, www.ted.com has them all archived... TALK ABOUT A TROVE OF TREASURE. Anyway, I am sniffin' around on there tonight... Just watched:
Ken Robinson , John Hodgman, and Rives... oh goodness this is the motherlode of all treasure troves... GOOD STUFF. And quite hilarious as well.
OK! I have been quite earnest enough for today. Tomorrow I plan on being irreverent, preposterous, and bilious all day long.

I just want to amend this to say that while John Hodgman and Rives are super funny and all that, I wanted to especially point out the Ken Robinson talk on How Schools Kill Creativity. I didn't want to watch that one originally because I didn't want to have to have a heart attack about how our family was doing this whole thing bass ackwards and Jack was ruined for life for sure, but the talk wasn't like that, Ken Robinson was just so funny and cool for one thing, and for another he was more making the point that creativity and creative thinking are of utmost importance, and it really provoked my thoughts. Watch it, will you, tell me what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! I love TED!