Saturday, February 14, 2009

City Museum in St. Louis

Oh my goodness gosh... I have this fantasy of an absolutely aces playground for Mungo made predominantly from found or reclaimed materials... then someone at a birthday party today told me about this place. OH. MY. LORD. This is the place of my dreams... it's quite beyond my wildest dreams, actually. I feel almost shamed at someone's ability to dream quite so much grander than I even could. Anyway, I MUST GO HERE SOON! It's my Disneyland. Here's just TWO of the ten million attractions I find so intoxicating:

Enchanted Caves: Painted in mystery and textured with intrigue, the Enchanted Caves at CITY MUSEUM offer explorers of all ages an opportunity to walk, climb and crawl through the mind of a master artist. Built within a historic shoe factory's spiral conveyor tunnel system, the caves emanate from deep within the heart of CITY MUSEUM.

Monstro City: What happens when you mix two Saber 40 aircraft fuselages, a fire engine, a castle turret, a 25' tall cupola and several 4' wide wrought-iron slinkies, and the creativity of CITY MUSEUM Creative Director Bob Cassilly and his crew? The result is MonstroCity, the most monumental, monolithic, monstrous montage of monkey bars in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm enthralled! road trip anyone?

Kami said...

I'm IN!!!