Thursday, May 7, 2009

Days of Heaven

For some reason I have just had my head full of my favorite film of all time today...

It's what always comes to mind should anyone ask me what my favorite movie is, though I sure do have scores of others running a close second...

I feel that I want to watch it again sometime soon, but I'm always a little afraid... it's not light fare, and it could make me all dreamy and moody and off kilter...

the music is the best ever. I love the quietness, the being-ness... it feels real, so totally real, but hyper-reality, so much more beautiful.... and how restful to watch something where the images just speak for themselves. Every second is not just crammed with words, dialogue, exposition.

The script, the dialogue, and Linda Manz...! I LOVE her! "Me and my brudda... it just us't be me and my brudda." Did you know that all of her narration is improvised? That girl was in touch with something, man.

No comments: