Monday, August 9, 2010

And the Living is Easy....












Haven't been much in the mood to post lately... just been trying to get my summer on as the season wanes (and yes that is a big laugh my Texas friends... I know good and well it's a good three months before we have the faintest hint of fall). I'm truly a little heart sick because my son Jack started school on WEDNESDAY, which is just. not. right. I absolutely hate it, we're just all in the summer groove and this just seems too early by far. I'm really digging having him around. It gives me that yen to homeschool which I do indeed hope to do someday but the guy is dead set on the glories of second grade.... he's actually quite excited about going back. I know I'll get used to it, but sigh. Sigh.

Anyway, we've been trying to cram in all the excursions and summer funtimes that we can. Blue Hole, Jacob's Well, our really super special secret spot on the Colorado River. Peter Pan Mini Golf (the mini golf that time forgot... just the way I like it), Pedernales Falls and peach picking with my brother Coop... so much fun stuff. What lucky summer dogs are we.

I've been doing lots of fun classes, and am just about to plunge into a whole 'nother week of tinkering camp.... quelle excitement! I hope the fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high for all y'all out there...































































































5 comments:

Michele @ The Hills are Alive said...

That creek/swimming hole looks fantastic

Kami said...

Yes, we're so lucky that central Texas has some of the best swimming holes around.... and that we had a ton of rain this year to fill them all up with nice clear flowing water. Glorious.

Play for Life said...

Great pictures! I'm a winter person myself and we are in still experiencing some very brisk winter weather here in Melbourne Australia but looking at you wonderful pics make me think I COULD become a summer person ... well for a little while anyway!
Donna :) :)

Anna said...

My kiddos went back to preschool on Monday, and it was a little odd trying to explain that "summer was over and now its the school year" when its so freakin' hot outside!

Anonymous said...

wonderful photo portrayal of summer!
your kiddos are living the life xo xo
josy