Saturday, May 15, 2010

This just makes me so happy

This is a pile of rubble near Jack's school.
Does anyone know who this artist is? I see the graffiti (seems silly to call it that... as if it worsened the world's dumpsters and concrete slabs rather than improved) around my neighborhood... and then today I actually saw a tiny little bumper sticker on someone's car that appeared to be by this mysterious man/woman/child/creature that roams the train tracks and underpasses and back alleys of Austin's east side.


If you do know who it is, thank them for me!










4 comments:

Teacher Tom said...

Yes! This is how adults play. S/he is my new favorite artist! I heartily thank you for sharing this.

Emily said...

hey kami loveli, It's Matthew Rodriguez, I believe.

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

This reminds me of the illustrations in a fantastic book called The Wrong Stone
http://www.innovativeresources.org/default.asp?cmd=Product&productid=44312

Kami said...

Teacher Tom, thanks so much for your comment! I absolutely love your blog. Yes, this artist is a great reminder that adults need to play, too... the world is so much the better for it.

THANK you Emily! I need to see you soon, I miss you too much!

Thanks Christie, I will definitely check it out!