Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dollhouses...


Here is my dollhouse that I've been working on on Tuesday nights with my friend Kiera. I'm doing a kind of bare bones, modern style, because it's the best my feeble carpentry skills can muster. If anyone wants to come build a dollhouse with us, the club is an open one! Kiera is doing a total remodel on a huge dollhouse she found at Blue Hanger. I think I'm going to do mine all with reused objects.... kind of set myself a challenge, and then it will fit in with this project, and then I can kind of justify to myself the time spent futzing around on this fun little project that, well, when you think about it, really should take a back seat to some other, more pressing tasks. But I'm staving off that logical brain, trying to just allow myself a little play time. I need it, I need it, indeed I really do.....

2 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Kami,

I would love to come and build this dollhouse with you. Haven't had the time for a while to pursue my hobby unfortunately. The start looks very promising. What king of house are you building?

Kami said...

Wow, Julia, sounds like you have a lot of expertise! I am just building a very bare bones, supposedly 'modern' house... if you'd like to come build with us you would be welcome!