Monday, May 4, 2009

This summer is going to ROCK!

Agh!! I was talking to my friend Marcela yesterday and we both admitted to quaking in our boots when contemplating the summer months, the end of life as we know it (for at least the next three months) with blessed SCHOOL occupying our oldest children for eight hours of the day, THREE months with THREE (in my case three, in her case two) children in our hair for SIXTEEN hours of the day.... or thereabouts.... YARGH!! Who WOULDN'T be shivering with fear... except for those amazing homeschooling folks, with whom I'm so impressed, that seem to have something figured out that I don't...

Anyway, we decided to have a mama meeting this week sometime and set some intentions, make some plans, and really get psyched for the summer months. Plan some excursions, some fun activities to have on hand, and, oh yes: plant some refreshing little islands of marvelous childcare in amongst the summer fun, so the mamas can go running for the hills, or for the mojitos, or whatever their pleasure might be.

If you want to come, email me at kwilt@hotmail.com , let's pick a time, an evening that works for folks, and meet at Rio Rita or something... it'll feel so good to me to regard fast-approaching June with confidence, not cowardice...

And just by the by, I was reading Austin magazine and it had a list of 109 things to do in and around Austin this summer and there were a few fresh new ideas (to me) that I jotted down, might as well spread 'em around:
Cave Without a Name in Boerne, TX. (Though have you been to Inner space Caverns? It's expensive but really cool and interesting, and would be great for a hot hot day).

Casa Neverlandia : I have seen this house before, but I didn't know they gave tours! I'm so excited. I can't wait to check it out. And it's going to be great to take pictures of for MUNGO.

Austin Steam Train in Cedar Park. And maybe hit Brushy Creek Sprinkler Park before or after and make a day of it. Though I always get lost now every time I go up to that neck of the woods, with the new toll roads and all... if I do this excursion I'm going to have to get someone to shepherd me around...

Umlauf Sculpture Gardens
... I haven't been here for a few years, and now Jack would be old enough to do that neat scavenger hunt they have for kids...

Best. Summer. EVER!

No comments: