Thursday, June 4, 2009

Much goings-on

Summer vacation is a whole 6 days old and I have to say it's been pretty good so far. Today was a little off with a lot of fighting and compulsive baby-squishing by my younger son (which makes me see red like nothing else) but all in all.. we've been having a lot of fun. We got the croquet set out and played a bit of croquet before getting all involved in building interesting miniature-golf type challenges. My mom always told me that my grandpa, who was really a tinkerer extraordinaire, built a miniature golf course in their backyard one summer. I have to ask my mom more about that. I might float the idea with my tinkering camp kids and see if they'd like to build one in my backyard, too.

We also worked on building a go-cart/cycling contraption out of some spare parts I've been collecting... also on the tinkering camp agenda... if you have any junky old strollers or beat up old bicycles you'd like to donate to the cause, I'll come pick 'em up gladly!

Also, Matt is building a roof and some other awesome accoutrements onto our fort... you gotta come over and check it out, it is tres tres cool.


Lastly but not leastly, homemade water slides... quick, cheap, easy... if you have a slide and a kiddie pool, combine! Combine!




No comments: